Friday, November 25, 2011

{Wine Label} Arrogant Frog

No, I am not throwing gratuitous insults out there, I am only referring to this wine label...



I tell you what, some wineries really get creative with the name of their wines, and I just LOVE this one! I came across this one in my local grocery store and couldn't resist getting it (about $9).  For those who don't know me, I am French by birth, and  I actually think the name of this wine is totally fun and has a nice ring to it ;). This wine is made in my home region in the department of Herault (southwest France) and has won several wine awards (2010 World Value Wine Challenge Best Value French Bordeaux varietal blend, and silver medal at the World Wine Championships Award). It has averaged a rating of 89 (which means that that wine is highly recommended), and is described by wine expert as such:


"Deep violet color. Aromas of plum and pepper skin, pencil shavings, and chocolate. round and supple with a dry-yet-fruity medium body. Tangy apple skin, peppery spice notes on the zippy, chewy tannin finish. A lovely table wine." (www.tastings.com)


Don't you love reading "the Experts" 's descriptions of wines...Pencil shavings...yum, doesn't that sound delish...?


Arrogant Frog's website is loads of fun, be sure to check out their "Special Edition" section with cool posters and labels (such as the Limited Edition Soccer label, or the Tour de Frog Label).



No comments:

Post a Comment